Live Blog: Day Three Tyler Buchner Elite 11 Updates
BlueandGold.com recruiting insider Mike Singer is in Nashville for the Elite 11 quarterback camp this week to check out Notre Dame commit Tyler Buchner.
Follow along here for updates, video clips and more from the week’s action.
Day Three Updates
Michigan QB commit JJ McCarthy finishes with a time of 2:50. That ends the target challenge.— Mike Singer (@Rivals_Singer) July 1, 2020
Georgia QB commit Brock Vandagriff ran away with this one.
Elite 11 Target Challenge standings through 10 QBs:
1. Brock Vandagriff (1:43.88)
2. Carlos Del Rio
3. Maddox Kopp
4. Miller Moss (3:07)
5. Caleb Williams (3:13.76)
6. Jay Allen
7. Garrett Nussmeier
8. Kaidon Salter
9. Tyler Buchner (3:38.96)
10. Luke Altmyer
• Buchner started really slow, but finished well. If he would have hit on his first few targets sooner, his time would have been much better.
-The quarterbacks are going through a timed drill where they have to throw through a small window. It's really testing their conditioning because they have to roll out a ton. It's a tough drill that Elite 11 "head coach" Trent Dilfer said he came up with recently.
Day Two Updates
• Not sure at what point Buchner will be starting. They just arrived (9:45 p.m. ET). A few quarterbacks have done their march down the field in this set up. Michigan commit J.J. McCarthy and Penn State commit Christian Veilleux have looked really good.
• The way tonight is structured is each quarterback will get his own “pro day” where they will get their own routes on air with the spotlight on them for about 20 minutes. Buchner’s group will get started a bit later tonight.
Day One Updates
• Buchner had a really strong start to the night, but missed a bit more to end it. Still, a solid night for the Notre Dame commit.
• This has not been the most action-packed evening, but Buchner has been one of the best quarterbacks here. He has thrown high a few times, but he has great velocity on his passes.
• Buchner is in a throwing group with USC commit Miller Moss, Florida State commit Luke Altmyer and five-star Caleb Williams, the top-ranked quarterback in the 2021 class. They are throwing crossing routes on air and Buchner has looked crisp other than one overthrow.
UPDATE:— Elite11 (@Elite11) June 29, 2020
Today’s workout has been rescheduled to 7:00-9:30pm due to weather in the Nashville area
• Talk about it inside Rockne’s Roundtable
• Watch our videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Learn more about our print and digital publication, Blue & Gold Illustrated.
• Like us on Facebook.