DaVaris Daniels declares for NFL Draft
Former Irish receiver DaVaris Daniels has declared for the NFL Draft and will not be eligible to return to Notre Dame, according to a release from the NFL on Monday.
Daniels missed the entire 2014 season due to the academic investigation and his status had been up in the air in recent weeks as Notre Dame works toward compiling an 85-man roster for 2015.
Senior safety Eilar Hardy returned from the investigation to suit up for the Irish midway through the season, though he will not play for Notre Dame in 2015. Junior cornerback KeiVarae Russell is expected to return this summer, while the same possibility is available for senior defensive end Ishaq Williams.
Daniels caught 80 passes in two seasons for 1,235 yards and seven touchdowns. He is one of 12 receivers that have declared early for the 2015 NFL Draft.
He told The Observer in November that he was unsure if he would return to Notre Dame.
"I've changed my mind at least six times so far, and it's still going," he told the student newspaper. "I've still got a while before I've got to decide anything, so I'm not trying to rush."
Notre Dame is deep at wide receiver, with sophomore Will Fuller tying the top all-time Irish mark with 15 touchdowns in 2014. He is accompanied by fellow soon-to-be juniors Corey Robinson and Torii Hunter, seniors C.J. Prosise and Chris Brown and the likely return of fifth-year senior Amir Carlisle.
Click Here to view this Link.