With Florida State's 2012 recruiting class all signed up, it's a good time
to look back at the 'Noles' highly regarded 2011 class. Several players from
the 29-member class saw early action this past season and a handful were major
contributors, while several others either redshirted or saw limited action.
* Fourteen true freshmen, and two junior college transfers, saw action in at
least one game.
* Of these newcomers, eight started at least one game and three started in
more than half of last year's games.
* One signee transferred to another school before the start of the season
(Jordan Prestwood), one transferred to a JUCO after redshirting (Arrington
Jenkins), and one failed to qualify (Terry Bell).
* Five members of the 2011 class earned some type of freshmen All-American
* Eleven 2011 signees redshirted.
Got a small taste: These players saw the field but didn't play much
Nick Waisome - Cornerback (5-10/170)
Groveland, FL (South Lake)
Games Played: 10
Stats: 1 tackle
The former Rivals250 member primarily saw time last season on special teams
and as a reserve cornerback at the end of some of the blowout games.
2012 Outlook: Absent injury, Xavier Rhodes and Greg Reid
will hold down the two starting spots but there is very little depth behind
them. As a result, there will be an opportunity for Waisome to solidify himself
as a No. 2 cornerback on the depth chart. If he continues to improve, he could
see some meaningful reps this season by working himself into a rotation. He
could also set himself up to be a potential starter for the 2013 season.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!